Every day we aim to build a company culture based on openness, creativity, and positivity. We care about each other and are acutely aware of the greater world around us. We love what we do. We each reflect the uniqueness and vibrancy of the apparel we design. We work together closely to build ownership and pride in every step of our process. We are a company that continues to grow quickly and are always looking for like-natured people to join our team. Get in touch! Email all resumes and inquiries to email@example.com.
Mara Hoffman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse and broadly trained staff. We welcome and strongly encourage individuals from all communities to apply. MH considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Reports to: Commercial VP
The Temporary Co-Assistant Manager embodies the Mara Hoffman brand and assists Assistant Store Manager with day to day operations. The Temporary Co-Assistant Manager is responsible for generating sales and building customer relationships in our retail stores and will have opening and/or closing responsibility. The Temporary Co-Assistant Manager will also be responsible for operational tasks and coaching all Sales Associates in the moment to ensure growth and development in the absence of Store Manager and in partnership with Assistant Store Manager. The Temporary Co-Assistant Manager must be proficient in performing and training all POS transactions, proactively dealing with customer service issues, opening and closing the store, all operational practices, and visual merchandising standards. Strong attention to detail and follow up is a must. Familiarity with Shopify and RLM is a plus.
• Ability to clientele and understand the customer needs
• Maintain an effective clientele list and waitlist, and supervises the team’s client outreach
• Possess the capacity to learn about the finest details of our collections and communicate product knowledge to clients and sales team
• Always act in the best interest of the client
• Lead by example by playing an active role on the sales floor through client engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided
• Proactively handle customer service issues quickly and effectively
• Plan ahead with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager for future business needs to continually improve business results
• Work through any coaching feedback about leadership, customer service, operations, etc. that’s received from Store Manager or office partners
• Attend weekly touchbase with Commercial VP and Assistant Manager
• Prioritize and delegate tasks effectively and efficiently to store team
• Communicate any client/product feedback in a timely manner to Store Manager and/or office team
• Support all store leader efforts to recruit, train, and develop team
• Create and manage store team’s schedule, as well as the store’s calendar
• Assist in planning, prepping, and executing in store events
• Be the first point of contact in absence of Store Manager
• Assist in developing team members through bi-weekly touchbases, evaluating and monitoring clienteling, customer service, and operations.
• Provide coaching and feedback in the moment to all team members.
• Update Daily Sales File daily at end of business day and send End of Day recap
• Open and close the store on time
• Check in and organize shipment
• Support visual merchandising, events and operational needs with the moving and storage of fixtures, furniture, merchandise, props, etc.
• Understand and properly execute all paperwork and procedures relative to inventory maintenance (i.e., damages, RAs, etc.) in a timely manner
• Stock presentation
• Assist with new product launches
• Conduct weekly bank deposits
• Completing monthly Amex reports and budgeting
• Create, delegate, and execute weekly cycle counts
• Maintain a healthy work environment
• Professional in person and phone presence when interacting with clients
• Respond well to feedback from management and coworkers, and follow directives
• Able to identify a problem and properly report it
• Maintain a visually enticing store that is neat, clean, and organized
• Actively pursue additional product knowledge as needed
• Prioritize workload to maximize efficiency and minimize the impact on the customer experience
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of work experience and education
• 3+ years of retail experience with minimum +2 year of retail leadership experience
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to effectively communicate
• Passionate about fashion, community, and sustainability
• Ability to perform basic selling techniques to achieve sales and repeat business
• Basic computer skills
• Physical requirements: Lift/carry up to 40 lbs. minimum, including fixtures and product
• Ability to work a full time flexible schedule including weekends to meet the needs of the business
EMAIL cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST PUT JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT OF EMAIL
About Mara Hoffman:
Mara Hoffman founded her label in 2000 after graduating from Parsons School of Design in New York City. Fifteen years later, the brand committed itself to implementing more sustainable and responsible practices. In an effort to foster mindful consumption habits, the brand maintains an open conversation about its approach and encourages consumers to reevaluate the relationship society has with clothing. The company continues to focus on sustainable materials, processes, and production in order to improve and extend each garment’s life. Supporting and partnering with organizations that further social, racial and economic justice is also intrinsic to the company's framework. President and Creative Director, Mara Hoffman, presents collections with a devotion to color, each inspired by and in celebration of women.
Mara Hoffman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to having a diverse and broadly trained staff, and welcome and encourage individuals from all communities to apply.