Frequently Asked Questions
Every day we aim to build a company culture based on openness, creativity, and positivity. We care about each other and are acutely aware of the greater world around us. We love what we do. We each reflect the uniqueness and vibrancy of the apparel we design. We work together closely to build ownership and pride in every step of our process. We are a company that continues to grow quickly and are always looking for like-natured people to join our team. Get in touch! Email all resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assist in any artwork development and submissions
• Meet frequently with domestic sample makers to support line development
• Assist in seasonal technical flat sketches
• Keep all design boards and up to date
• Create cut tickets and prepare fabric, trims, etc. for domestic sampling
• Stick to Design Calendar and help to manage on time delivery of all development, fabric, and samples
• Contribute sketches and body development when requested
• Set up development tech packs in RLM
• Help issue POs for trims, fabrics, etc. and track to on time delivery
• Support the completion of the Production Sheet each season
• Assist in seasonal line sheet completion and update throughout the season
• Create and update WIP charts for factories
• Inventory fabric and trims at start and end of season
• 1-2 years experience in a contemporary brand a plus! • A degree in Fashion Design or similar • Strong understanding of the Mara Hoffman brand and aesthetic • Excellent knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign • Strong understanding of garment construction and pattern making • General understanding of engineering prints in pattern pieces and fabric yield consumption • Knowledge of fabric types, construction, finishing, and processes • Good knowledge of Excel • Must be highly organized, motivated, proactive and a team player • Positive attitude • Strong communication skills and ability to work well in multiple areas of development • Ability to problem solve and multitask
This position is based in our NY office (not only virtual) and requires regular garment district visits. Please email all resumes to email@example.com with the job title in the subject and resume as pdf attachment. Must send portfolio or will not be considered for position.
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
This is a ENTRY-MID LEVEL FREELANCE POSITION that will work on a project basis: schedule/hours will be finalized during recruitment process.
About the candidate: This intelligent, curious, passionate and hard-working designer will have broad interests and an inherent sense of hustle, initiative and urgency. They are familiar with or excited to learn the brand language of Mara Hoffman and bring the vision to life through design. They will enjoy iterating quickly and broadly and be excited to put their mark on creative assets. They will be enthusiastic, analytical, and diligent with deadlines, organizational systems and multitasking. Last, but not least, this person will be able to communicate their ideas thoughtfully both verbally and visually, have constructive opinions and be collaborative by nature.
· Create assets that meet strategic, business and branding objectives across multiple channels including website, emails, ads, social media, blogs and marketing
· Organize and maintain systems for creative assets
· Edit and retouch imagery including product and editorial assets
· Present well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet brand objectives and marketing goals
· Self-manage multiple projects at once and ensure they are completed in a timely manner ·
· Establish best practices and manage an organized workflow
· 2+ years experience in a similar field
· Expert proficiency in Adobe Suite
· Strong layout and typographic skills across media touchpoints
· Confident skillset around color correction and retouching
· Video editing capabilities a plus
· HTML/CSS/UX knowledge a plus
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Strong project planning and organizational skills; Excellent time-management skills
· Ability to work on tight deadlines and multiple concurrent projects
Please email RESUME and PORTFOLIO to firstname.lastname@example.org with the JOB TITLE in the subject line.